Friday, July 9, 2010

I will keep praying

My dear friend, Gina, from our church in Hawaii was diagnosed with breast cancer this week. Uhh, I hate to even say it. It makes me well with tears and even have to fight back gagging. I want to stop everything and pray for her always and send her scriptures to encourage her in this fight. I want to find some way to drive the 7ish hours to her and hug her and those precious children. I want to make her dinner and clean her bathrooms. But for right now, I can't be right there, so I will keep praying.

Will you please pray too? You can click here to see her blog as well as here for her Caring Bridge site (you will have to sign up with your email address and a password - it is very simple and quick). Thank you for interceding for my friend.

4 comments:

AML said...

OH Jen. What sad news. I followed the link to your friends blog and my heart broke at the sight of her three beautiful YOUNG children. Of course seeing the new babe is hard. Quickly scrolling through the posts before news of her breast cancer all you can see from the outside is a family going about with their lives and things changed in an instant. Praise God that he is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I will be praying your friend finds peace in God's arms as they go through this difficult process. Thanks so much for sharing.

Queenie said...

Thank you, sweet friend. Your prayers and the precious scriptures you send mean so incredibly much to me and to our family. I print them out and re-read them and read them out loud to Hubby. Thank God for his unchanging Word!

Jo said...

My cousin's wife just found out she has breast cancer, too. She has three children and had to wean her baby as well. I will be praying for your friend as I pray for my cousin's family.

jo

Christiana said...

Praying. <3