Saturday, September 4, 2010

Math

Primary Mathematics 1A Workbook U.S. EditionPrimary Mathematics 1A Textbook U.S. Edition


Primary Mathematics 1A Home Instructor's Guide (U.S. Edition)


These are our Singapore (US edition) math books for the semester.  I have found the instructor's guide helpful and like the ideas for demonstrating concepts concretely and through games.  The text and workbook do not have a lot of extra practice or drill on number families/math facts.  It's simple to supplement in these areas.  I have used flash cards and created my own worksheets for her to fill in.  My grandmother, Mimi, used to teach school and she has recommended Spectrum math as well.  I need to check that out for some extra practice.




Horizon Math K SET of 2 Student Workbooks K-1 and K-2Lily independently works in Horizons Math Book 1 (she will be in book 2 next semester).  Just as in language arts, she works below grade level for reinforcement and practice.  These are familiar concepts to her, so I did not need the instructor book with teaching tips.  I just check her work to make sure she has answered correctly.

1 comment:

floyd said...

Hey Jen! Been meaning to catch up with you for forever!! Hope school is going well! It's so funny, but Kyra has been using Singapore Math and Explode the Code Series too. Just FYI, the singapore books have "Intensive practice" books for each text book. For example, Kyra did the 1A text and workbook last year, but I thought she needed more practice before we moved on to 1B(it has simple multiplication). So now she's doing the 1A intensive practice. Do you still have the Hawaii number, or do you have a new phone number?