Meet Hopper. I love how original our children are. Creative geniuses I'm sure. :)
He's kind of cute in that really slimy, gross kind of freaky-eyed way.
The sound of cicadas in our backyard was replaced with the sound of frogs. Is there anywhere I can live where things that fly and hop don't invade our backyard? If one or two creatures wanted to join us and let the kids I scrubbed that pool with a magic eraser and some heavy duty cleaner not wanting the kids to swim in such conditions. Not fun or quick if you were wondering. I did that on two separate occasions and then the frogs were done laying eggs. The stinking (literally) water still looked like lake water though. No doubt those frogs were partying in our pool still. I told the kids it was like having a pond in our backyard. They bought in to the excitement, and got in the nasty water.
I think I horrified Jon just a little at my frighteningly low standards for water cleanliness and lack in judgement. He instantly told them not to drink it, not to even put their face near it. Oh yeah, should have mentioned that. I guess I just assumed that was understood. Maybe not a safe assumption when you have kids who make choices such as putting a bandana over their eyes and walking around running into walls just to get a laugh from their siblings.
And in other backyard news, our kids like to make rides out of fallen tree branches. It is likely K only has on a raincoat. Again, low standards. ;o)



No comments:
Post a Comment