Tuesday, September 15, 2009

By popular demand

I love this chicken enchilada recipe I got from my mom. I think everyone loves them! In the past week, 3 friends have mentioned eating them, wanting them, or needing the recipe. So, here it is...make 'em for dinner tonight...you won't regret it! : )

~ 6 chicken breast halves, cooked and finely chopped
~ 1 can cream of chicken soup
~ 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies {do not accidently buy the jalepenos...just take my word for it!}
~ 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
~ 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated {I often times just use the pre-shredded Mexican cheese - it tastes good too!}
~ 8 - 10 flour tortillas

Combine first 5 ingredients. Reserve 1 cup of this mixture. Spread about 1/4 cup of mixture on a tortilla and roll up jelly-roll style. Place enchiladas in a lightly greased 9" x 13" pan. Cover enchiladas with reserved mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 - 40 minutes. Uncover and bake another 5 - 7 minutes.


3 comments:

AML said...

sounds good. can't wait to try it. thanks for sharing.

Tara said...

Yum! I love easy recipes. This one sounds great! Thanks. :)

Jenn Everswick said...

Jen - this is perfect timing! I was thinking about these yummy enchiladas over the weekend and was meaning to call Al for the recipe again! Oooh brings back fun memories...