Happy 1st Birthday, Kaylee B.!!!
After our day at Burgess Falls and a little nap, Kaylee was ready to open her birthday present. Please take note of the wrapping paper - I had chosen a different paper, but K got her hands on this "dog-dog" one, and screamed when I took it away from her. You can see whose wrapping paper choice made the final cut.
Oh, the way her little eyes lit up when she pulled her new doll, her very own doll : ), from the box! She calls her "baby Mayme" after her newest cousin. All dolls and babies are now known as "baby Mayme." : )
Kaylee immediately kissed her baby. It was totally "Awwww" out loud worthy.
Lils helping the doll hold her teddy bear while K works on giving her a bottle of milk.
Since I knew we'd be taking her birthday treat along with us to Burgess Falls, I opted to bake cookies instead of the traditional birthday cake/cupcakes. Kaylee had already eaten (mostly off of Chase's cookies!) some of these cookies, so when she saw Daddy coming with another one, she began signing "more!"
E-boy went in for a bite of cookie, but K kept that to herself. She shared a kiss instead. : )
K found the icing and sprinkles finger-lickin' (or thumb suckin') good!
Grinning away as she shoves cookie in her mouth. : )



4 comments:
adorable. girls sure love their baby dolls...even at one year old. and good choice on the wrapping paper, kaylee. it would have been my pick too.
Happy Birthday, sweet K! (And to Mommy, too, since we all know that kids' birthdays are special times for Moms!)
Ahhh, she is so darling! I can't believe it's already been a year! CRAZY! How fun!
Happy Birthday, Kaylee! It looks like she had a fun day! :)
Post a Comment