Friends, your email and phone questions are funny and kind. : ) I figured it was like they tell you in school, if you have a question, ask it, because someone else probably has the same one. For those of you wondering, but not asking, here are the answers to the recent queries:
~ The dress K is wearing in the Peek-A-Boo pictures is one I made courtesy of a sewing lesson from my mom. There is no pattern - we were flying by the seat of our pants to make this layered, poofy dress. While I didn't follow the directions exactly, the basic instructions I followed for the super ginormous flower can be found here. It is just safety-pinned on {remove before washing if you make one}. Made a matching dress for cousin Mayme and pants for Lily. One of these days I will get a picture of the girls in their matching clothes. : )
~ I made K's pink tutu by tying strips of tulle onto a band of elastic. The only sewing involved was stitching the elastic band together. There are lots of tutorials for tutus online. Just Google something like "tutu tutorial" or "no sew tutu" and you should get lots of options.
~ I made K's birthday onesie by ironing on a free-handed cupcake and candle. Sorry, no pattern to reference. I did sew around the edges of all the pieces too so they were secure enough to throw in the washing machine and dryer. Who wants to hand wash anything or even waste time running a special delicate cycle anyway?!?



2 comments:
wow, you are one crafty lady. it didn't even cross my mind that her adorable outfit was homemade with love. now she looks extra cute.
How crafty!
Also - I saw your comment and Pandora is definitely legal! :)
Can't wait to see more of your homemade goodies!
Post a Comment