Saturday, January 2, 2010

Huntsville, Alabama

We took a quick one night trip to Hunstville, Alabama. It was a treat to get away from the normal routine and check out a new city. : ) Nana and Papa gave the kids a pass to the Nashville Adventure Science Center, and that got us in to the United States Space and Rocket Center* as well as SciQuest (a children's hands on museum). Jon was so sweet to think of using his Christmas money to treat us all to the trip - thanks, babe!

I promise Eli was having fun here too. : )
CHEEEEEEEEEEESE


L and E on the moon! : ) See that super cool guy bomber jacket E is sporting? He loves that Christmas present from Nana and Papa! The child used to never wear jackets outside in the 30 degree weather...now he can be seen sweating inside with it on.




Hmmm, I am hungry...what is this thing??? Maybe I'll try it...
Apparently K likes corndogs!
E couldn't get his hands on enough buttons and levers!


Worn out!
* The museum has their initials, USSRC, all over the place. Jon and I got a laugh joking about the space race and the Soviets and how it is ironic that the museum has USSR in its title. Maybe we paid them off, and really Russia controls NASA?? Yeah, we're dorks - and for the record, no, we don't really believe that.

1 comment:

AML said...

Ok, I have to admit I had to look up where Hunstville is on a map because I was confused why you mentioned AL and then started writing about the Nashville Adventure Science Center. I've got it all figured out now. Not too far away. The kids look like they had a lot of fun and what a nice treat to leave town for awhile. Love the pics of Kaylee eating the corndog. She is digging in. Love how Eli and Lily pose so well for pictures together. You can tell they are close. What sweet kiddos! Thanks for sharing your adventures.