First I must thank Papa, Nana, Nat & Madie for taking care of our monkeys last night. : ) The kids always love to be at your house!
Jon and I got to go on an awesome double date with some friends from church. We had a delicious dinner at Maggianos then headed to The Ryman for the Andrew Peterson Behold The Lamb of God concert. The first part of the concert was a songwriters in the round performance featuring too many talented people to list them all. I was most excited to hear people from Caedmon's Call and Union Station. You can click the YouTube video below to hear one of the songs Andrew Peterson performed (I don't know how to add more videos to this post - will have to do more separately).
After intermission was the incredible performance of the Behold The Lamb album which I very highly recommend. It is different than any other Christmas album I have ever heard. I was a little slow to warm up to it, but now it is a family favorite. It was especially fun to see Ben Shive, a friend from church and one of Lily's Sunday school teachers, play at least 4 different instruments and sing back up vocals.
We've already decided this needs to be a Christmastime date tradition!



No comments:
Post a Comment