A couple of emails have made me realize I should add a few more notes about the amazing cinnamon honey butter....
- It can be refrigerated, but does not have to be.
- I can't say exactly how much the recipe I linked to yields - I made a much larger batch. Here are the measurements (and a description of what I bought in case that helps you go shopping) I used:
* 4 cups softened butter (2 of the big blocks of cheap butter - equivalent to 8 sticks of butter)
* 4 cups powdered sugar (one 2lb bag will leave you with a little extra sugar)
* 4 cups honey (I got 2 bottles of the largest honey available at our store - 2lb 8oz each. I hardly used the second bottle, but one was not quite enough).
* 4 tsp cinnamon
* two dozen 4 oz canning jars (I didn't fill these to the rim, but they were really full. I bought the last 2 boxes of the jars the store had...on the lookout for more....you'd be surprised how quickly you find homes for these cute little jars of butter!)
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment