

I
love books - reading and smelling them. I am usually a library or McKay's Used Books kind of girl, but
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
is on sale for less than $10 at Amazon right now, and I have been itchin' to read it. So, I splurged on a new book and it is on it's happy little way to my eager hands. :)
Ann Voskamp's blog is a favorite of mine as it is (She never ceases to challenge and encourage, not to mention make me want to live on a farm.), and the reviews of this book are awesome. An online discussion including videos from the author starts in a few weeks. I've never been part of an
online book club, but I'm giving this one a try. :)
5 comments:
Alright Jen, my cheap-self just ordered the book from Amazon(after checking out our library website and looking again for the missing B&N GC I got for Christmas). I am looking forward to reading it along with you and catching as many video sessions as I can. Sounds like it is going to be a great read! Thanks for sharing.
:) Alexis, I spoke with another friend yesterday who is also going to dive into the book. We are not sure we'll just read 1 chapter a week like the Bloom schedule?! I mean, when there are piles of laundry, dishes, toys, etc., I will probably read it in a few sittings. ;oP
Now I am a little nervous...I hope this book lives up to the reputation that proceeds it!! Perhaps I should save my recommendations until I have actually read a book myself?! Anxious to read and also hear your thoughts!
ick. Made myself gag (at least that's one more prayer for you)....when the comment popped up I realized it should say precedes!
You are funny. My step-sis posted on her blog that she was reading the book for the book club too and she is loving it. http://zoointhehills.blogspot.com/
Then of course I saw it on Bring the Rain... Sometimes when you see things repeated enough times you just think it might be God talking to you. No hard feelings if the book turns out the flop (which I highly doubt). I'll just send you the bill. I mean did recommend it and all.
insert "to be a" in place of "the"...and add "you" where it is missing. sigh. grammar check anyone?
Post a Comment