"I NEED SOME PRIVACY," shouted KB as she perched on the potty.
She was all alone in the bathroom.
Anyone care to make a guess as to what her confusion was?!
I can't be sure, but here's my theory...
We have one little bathroom for the 5 of us to share. Whether I am taking a shower, putting on make-up, going to the bathroom, or brushing my teeth, I have company (Come to think of it, even with 3 bathrooms I usually had company!). I can probably count on one hand the times I have been alone in there. Times I have shut the door and locked the wild Indians on the opposite side. So, on multiple occasions, the kids have heard me say, "I'd love some privacy." The concept is pretty much lost on them...until I lose it, throw up my hands and say, "Everyone out! I will be with you in just a minute." Lil and Eli will typically wander away. Kaylee usually tries to stick around. Soooo, since I am always asking for a little privacy, and I always have friends in the bathroom, I think Kaylee thinks privacy means company. Maybe somehow the two in her brain are all mixed up.
I went into the bathroom and told her she had privacy, because no one was watching her go potty.
"But, Mommy, I want privacy. Don't go out, ok? I want you and Lily to read me a book."
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That's super cute, Jen! I usually have a little friend in the bathroom with me too. Or, he's standing outside the door banging on it, acting like I've just cut his heart out for the 2 minutes I want to be alone.
Too funny!
Post a Comment