Friday, February 18, 2011

Heard around our house

Me: Come here my sick little monkey.
Kaylee:  Weeeeelllll, I'm not a monkey, buuuhhhht I would like to hang in a tree!

***********

My thoughts while breathing in the steam of the shower and hearing all 3 kids arguing in the other room: Those kids are just going to have to duke it out.  I am finally breathing through one nostril and my head doesn't feel quite as much like it might explode.  Is that bad?  Should I get out?  Who lets their kids fight just to get a hot shower?  My muscles don't hurt so badly while I am being practically burned by this beating water.  I should go to them.  But I can.not.get.out.
This monologue went on long enough that the kids did come to some sort of peace agreement.  Pretty sure they won't be any worse for it, and I enjoyed breathing out my nose a little.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Get better! Hopefully you can have another hot shower without the kids ripping each others hair out.

Wendy said...

Sorry, Jen, that was from me...Wendy

Danielle Riley said...

chalk it up to experienced problem solvers!! Yep, I too will be adding that to my kiddos resume! Feel better soon my favorite friend <3

ps hooray for breathing through your nose!! Even if it was just one side ;op