Friday, February 4, 2011

Jesus, I am resting, resting

I've been up since 4:15 this morning, but still have yet to cross many things off the to-do list. If you are a mother to small children, you can probably relate. :) I still have one child screaming and crying. One of my favorite people in the world and her family will be here this afternoon - I can't wait! I would have liked to have had our house in better order, but I know they don't care...and that's not what matters. We all know 6 children 6 and under in this house will produce a disaster area anyhow. :) I am learning to give thanks and live the truth that all is grace - even when people are fighting, drinks are spilled, books are all dumped off the shelf again, crumbs are dispersed over my freshly cleaned floor. Thankful that this song has been running through my head this morning. Well, it's mostly just been the title words over and over and over and over. I need to hear them that many times and more.

3 comments:

Queenie said...

I need to hear those words over and over, too. Please have fun with J & D and say hello to them from us! (And thanks for the card!! :)

Hayley said...

This is great! I have been struggling lately & have been thinking of you! How do you do it with multiple kids? :) Hope the Howe's are doing well! Miss you & love you!

The Howe Family said...

GR - It was wonderful to see the Rs...brought back very fond memories of Hawaii and CCW play group mornings. :) Hmmm, now I need to see you!

HH - I miss and love you too! <3 Girl, being a SAHM is not easy-you are not alone! I'd love to have you and the girls over to play and talk if we lived closer. I'll email you my phone number and hopefully we can chat soon (got a new phone, and I don't have your # in my phone anymore).