with some other women from church. I thought I was jumping the gun a little on reading this book about "tweens." I figured I'd enjoy some adult time :) and file away what I learned for later, but I think the timing is perfect for me. I would recommend it to any mom (and dad!) of girls looking to connect with their daughter and guide them from a Christian perspective through the pressures of a world trying to make them grow up too fast. In my opinion, a good window of time to read this would be when your daughter is 6 - 8 years old, but it would still be helpful if you are past that point or in preparation for years to come if your child is younger. I wouldn't pick this up if I had only boys, but you can certainly apply some things from this book to boys too. If you are in the area and want to join our discussion group let me know and I can pass along the details. We're already through 8 of 12 chapters (Sorry for the horribly late notice - in my defense, we read 5 chapters before the first meeting!), but it's easy reading and you can jump in! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment