Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Tiger - military connection

I think I only know 3 things about Tiger Woods:

- He's an amazing (that's probably an understatement) golfer.
- He and Nike are BFF.
Ummm, I guess I only knew 2...

Until now. Pops (my maternal grandfather) sent me an email with the text of a speech Tiger gave back in January. I now know that Tiger is a military brat, and (can I count this as a separate piece of knowledge?!) he still loves our service members and their families. I officially still have little knowledge to base my feelings on, but I am voting him a cool guy nonetheless.

If you're a sucker (defined as one who tears up pretty much at the mere mention of our military and their loved ones) like me for reading things giving thanks and honor to the military, you can read his speech by clicking here.

2 comments:

Christiana said...

I am with you - he is officially one cool guy.

What a beautiful, heartfelt speech. Made me get all misty. Thanks for sharing.

Jana said...

Thanks for that--Go Tiger--his name alone would've made him a good Army guy. But I guess Golf is paying off nicely!