On the right side of our deck stand 3 bush/trees (???). I have been anxious to see them bloom, because they very much resembled the hibiscus we had growing along two sides of the backyard in our first home in Hawaii. If I knew anything about plants, I probably could have confidently told the kids we'd have hibiscus blooming soon. Since I know pretty much zip about plants, I had to wait. Well, turns out we DO have hibiscus! Lily was thrilled for the reminder of "home" (but wished they weren't white - she preferred the pink ones at the old house), and I love hearing Eli say "hibiscuits" again. :) I have about decided to not teach him the correct name, because he is way too adorable saying it his own way. That'll probably never be on a vocab or spelling test at school, nor come up in conversation with a bunch of guy friends, so it shouldn't be to his detriment.
We enjoyed more of God's beautiful creation this morning as we watched chickadees (did I ever tell you that Eli caught a fledgling chickadee?!?) and goldfinches hopping all over the hibiscus bushes/trees (Gina, would you help me here? :)). The yellow of the goldfinches is really stunning!
I wish I could claim this photo, but I got it from AllHarts on flickr. Speaking of photos, Jon got the external hard drive out for me this morning, so I am a tiny bit closer to being able to post more kiddo pictures. :)



1 comment:
I laughed so hard trying to picture grown up Eli having a conversation with his buddies, wherein he would have opportunity to say the word,
"Hibiscuits."
Too adorable.
So excited to see more pictures of your precious ones soon.
Post a Comment