A few things about Kaylee at the ripe age of 8 months (having now typed the "few" things I have to come back and warn anyone who is not a grandparent - this is way more info than you'd ever want!)...
* She still just has the one tooth, but with all the biting and drooling and knots in her little mouth, more are sure to pop out anytime now.
* The girl knows what she wants. :) The biggest change I have noticed since her last birthday post is her communication. She is just starting to sign. Can I tell you I want to squeeze her, and smell her, and eat her when she uses signs? I know that sounds strange, but you'd do the same thing if you saw this kind of cuteness with dimpled hands and proud smiles and giggles. It's so fun to cheer wildly for her, and I LOVE the way Lily and Eli get so excited too. Signs/gestures she is working on: milk, more, please, all done, waving, and clapping. I can see the wheels turning and gears catching now as "dadadada" and "mmmmamamama" are becoming proper nouns. :) You will probably chuckle to yourself and think I am crazy, but just humor me as I tell you this next part. :) The other 3 sounds she most consistently makes are "sssss," "buhbuhbuh," and "k-k-k-k." Even if she doesn't connect those sounds with a person yet, I am thinking it is due to hearing "Sissy," "Brother" or "Bubba" (I know, I know - guilty as charged of calling someone a ridiculous nickname), and "Kaylee" so often.
* She is not crawling yet. She'll wiggle and role around, but prefers to be seated upright to play with toys. But, would rather hold your hands and stand up all day if you'll let her.
* She is rejecting baby food more frequently now (though sweet potatoes and squash are still acceptable) in favor of "real people food." She still loves to nurse, but is very easily distracted with all the commotion going on around her.
* She is enamored with Daddy, Lily, and Eli. :) She loves to lean to Daddy when he gets home, and turns looking for him, smiling, when she hears him whistling. Pretty much anything L and E do is funny. :)
Kaylee Brannan, we love you even if you did keep Mommy and Daddy up most of last night!!!



1 comment:
I can't believe it myself how old Kaylee is already. I am wishing somehow we could get our families together... especially the cousins! I know my parents are going to see you guys soon... I am jealous. One of these days.
Post a Comment