This might be a rambling story - you've been warned.
By the time we arrived home from Papa and Nana's house last night, it was bed time. After tucking everyone in, I began the routine of closing the curtains and blinds. I realized our newspaper was right outside the back door. Hmmm. That's odd. A kind neighbor? A neighbor tired of seeing various paper deliveries decompose in rain and snow on our driveway?! :o/
Jon before heading to work...but why not just bring it all the way in?
GASP - a bad guy wants me to open the door so he can jump out of the dark and into our house!!! It's okay to laugh at an almost 30 year who still becomes gripped with irrational fears like this one (thanks for talking on the phone with me, KK, to keep me busy). Yes, I recognized the silliness of my fear. Nope, wasn't willing to open the door (the paper can just rot out of the neighbors' sight this time). Wasn't even willing to open the door to throw out a dirty diaper (love when K poops at midnight). Better a stinky house than a boogie man, right?!
Well, when Jon got home from work, I was all kinds of brave and courageous. I opened the back door to throw out the diaper and collect the newspaper. Something startled me, but it wasn't a bad guy. This had fallen from the door where I assume it was stuck after the same kind person brought the paper right to the doorstep...
Dear sweet generous mystery gift giver,
A million thank yous!!! We are ever so grateful. I would like to hug you, but I don't know who you are. I hope you see this and know what a blessing you have been.
Love, Jen
PS - Please don't ever scare me with the kind act of moving our newspaper again. :oP
I believe many of you are aware, but if you aren't, this whole LC venture has been extremely financially straining. While this has been a major issue in our life over the last year, I never feel comfortable writing here about it. I don't want it to sound like a pity story, and I know that we are blessed beyond belief so I don't want to seem ungrateful. We have chosen to take a risk with this business. Lord willing, someday we will be able to pay it forward and generously share our blessings with others who have provided so much for us through hand-me-downs, shared food, and so much more.
Just days before being scared...I mean blessed ;) I was hesitating writing our tithe check, because writing that check would mean there was not enough money to pay the bills, and we'd be putting more things on the credit card (yuck.ick.no.thank.you.). Believing in faith that God would provide somehow, the check was written. This is certainly not about us giving to the church. This is about the amazing way God provides for his children!
Do you know that in that envelope wasn't just a plastic card good for groceries? There was a tangible, visible, kind reminder of God's provision and care for our lives. I am thankful that He uses people (Mom and sisters, reminded me of our conversation yesterday) as means of grace.
Praying a few things....
that this makes sense and gives glory to the God who faithfully provides.
that the human giver of the gift knows our thankfulness.
that one of these days I wouldn't be afraid of the dark.



4 comments:
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
-Ephesians 3:20
Thanks so much for sharing this story. It blesses others to hear how God provides for the needs of children. It also allows us who know/love the Howe family to pray more specifically for his continued blessings as you put your faith in "infinitely more than [you] might ask or think".
Thanks, Alexis. Love that scripture.
Thanks for sharing such a great story. I truly know that when we are obedient to God, AND when you're Christlike (all the time like you guys are) the Lord always makes sure you have everything you need. You deserve it! Love to you all!
So neat!
Post a Comment