My arms have been full in recent days with a feverish baby girl who chants "heed [hold] you heed you heed you" even when I am in fact holding her. There isn't comfort enough in one arm while the other is busy. Both arms must be snugly around her too warm little self while I kiss hot tears on flushed cheeks and read book after book. I am thankful to report that today is markedly better than the past few. Her temperature has dropped from 102.5 yesterday to 99.1 today. Kaylee is resting now, and I am praying she'll wake a happier, healthier girl.
We're also busy preparing for Lily's princess tea party on Sunday. Assuming a good amount of the invites would not be able to come, I allowed her to invite 14 girls ages 4 to 6. Well, I was wrong. Including Lily, we will have 15 little princesses celebrating her 6th birthday. Grateful for Nana and 4 aunts who will provide 10 eyes and 10 arms in addition to mine. : ) Lily is super excited, and the smiles and excitement are all I need to be okay with the madness that will probably be our home on Sunday. Can't wait to post pictures!
In "interesting" (this is how I sometimes refer to our children when they are behaving in less than desirable ways) news, I'll mention Eli. Sigh. I've learned by now that our kids go through these interesting periods, and thankfully also come out of them. As a friend from church commented about one of her children, "I love the kid...but they're really being a pain in the butt right now." I hear ya sister! I've certainly horrified anyone who has perfect children and anyone who doesn't use the word butt when referencing small children. My apologies! Any of you who are laughing because you've been there, come on over for a Coke or coffee and we'll let our "interesting" children play together. :) In case you are worried about Eli, you really don't need to be. I just kissed his precious face and told him really nicely (for the 137th time this hour) that no, it is not time for cookies or lunch yet.
Happy Friday to you all!!



3 comments:
Oh poor Kaylee! I hope she gets better soon...like by Sunday. It can be so hard to comfort feverish little ones. How exciting for Lily to have friends over for a tea party! Can't wait to read about it and see pics. Now don't work too hard, Mama. If you wear yourself out, who is going to be able to answer Eli's question for the 138th time? Sending our prayers for energy and patience for the adventures ahead of you.
Hope the princess tea was fun!
I've got some boys that can be very "interesting" at times. I smiled at that post because I can relate. Good thing it's just a phase.
jo
Wish I could bring my VERY interesting son over to play, he needs more friends to run out his very INTERESTING amount of energy. We find out tomorrow about PCS, we're actually considering Campbell, it's our #2 choice. I'll let you know.
Post a Comment