We've just enjoyed a surprise vacation from school. : ) Lily was home with a fever last Thursday (all 3 of our children have double ear infections AGAIN - wondering when the doctor will suggest tubes?!?). Friday brought snow and ice, so school was closed. The cold stuck around and roads didn't thaw. Monday and Tuesday were also snow days, and today they started 2 hours late to allow more ice to melt. What a welcome treat! It was a special first day back too. Lily's class earned a pizza party, and I had the pleasure of delivering some LC to them this afternoon.
The kids have dumped their coats and snow pants to enjoy snow cream (homemade ice cream made from snow, sugar, milk, and vanilla extract - super delicious!!!).
While Lily worked on some money math (it is all still fun and games for her!), the younger kids and I cleaned the kitchen. I love their enthusiasm for being helpful and needed as a part of our family. : )
Thanks, Nana, for the adorable outfits for Lily and Kaylee! Everyone thinks they look like the super cute, super pricey Matilda Jane line - Mom, you did it!
Kaylee likes to call herself a big girl these days. She chanted "big girl" (or her approximation of it) while she scrubbed. It's also a favorite phrase while sitting on the couch reading. She's clearly intelligent - she can even read upside-down. : )
I notice that in pretty much every picture of this child she has a dirty face. Okay, if you could see her face, hair, hands, the floor, her booster tray, etc. before I clean her off, you would understand that this is Kaylee after being wash-clothed to death. The bath before bed takes care of the rest. : )
February 10 our newest addition (it takes so much time and effort on Jon and Luke's part, it may as well be a child!) will open at 7090 Charlotte Pike in Nashville. We are so thankful for Jon to have a job he enjoys and for the chance to provide work to so many others in this economy. We are in awe of this life God is allowing us to live!
Unfortunately, K didn't quite scrub the entire floor, so I have some work to get to...



1 comment:
Congrats on the NEW addition and I know you well enough to know that you really are a clean person it's the munchins who leave trails behind you as you clean!
Post a Comment