Here is Lily reading from her new Bible. We got her an NIVr. Unlike the other children's Bibles we have, this has "all the words" (she asked for this), but for early readers.

Papa, Nana, Nat, and Madie came over with powdered sugar (side note...I just typed "shugar" and it made me laugh out loud) doughnuts on Lily's birthday and a birthday poem leading her to the American Girl website where she could pick a doll out. :)


It took a l o n g time for her to decide....

Here are Papa and Eli playing cars. I was amazed at how few words were exchanged between the two. I try to make the cars talk when I play cars, and I make them have other car friends. This is all so not necessary to Eli - whew! Much easier to make car noises than create full story lines!

K concentrating to use a fork. : )

And the winner was...Kit! She is super duper adorable! Love to watch and listen to Lily play with her. This playing does involve talking - lots and lots of talking!

Little chapped lip Eli...kind of looks like strange moustache.

The kids have fallen in love with a book I loved as a child, "The Monster at the End of This Book" (starring lovable Grover). Lily is reading it to Kaylee....

K wants hair so badly, or maybe she thinks she has long hair?! She always brings me "bows" and "pretties" that she wants in her hair. Here she is sporting a Build A Bear bow in a dinky ponytail.
3 comments:
what a sweet post! how exciting that lily got to pick out an american girl. have you guys read any of the kit book series together? i'm guessing she is right at the perfect age to start getting into those. And so true that boys don't require a lot of words while they play. It seems to be all about action. Loved the powdered sugar smile on Eli too! And Kaylee's tiny ponytail really got me going. Still laughing at the thought of it. Your beautiful hair will be long enough before you know it, sweet girl! Next on your blogging agenda...the tea party. I mean, please.
PS. Loved that grover book growing up too.
Love the pics! They all look so old!
Post a Comment