Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Heard around our house...

I hate to think of all the hilarious things our children say that I never write down and will never remember. They are (usually unintentionally) the funniest people I know! So, right now I will save this memory of Eli - along with how old it made me feel! : )

"Mom, I want to listen to my book on tape from the library. (Holds hands approximating cassette tape size) It is a thing with holes about this big and goes in my CD player in a different spot. It plays too. I think I need to put a CD in and the tape in so it works."

He went on trying to describe a cassette tape to me until my laughter stopped him. I told him that I understood how to make a tape play, because I listened to tapes only (mostly Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith) until I was in about 8th grade. The child's facial expressions were priceless. They must have been similar to the ones I had when I learned that my parents didn't always have microwaves (I still don't get life without one of those little appliances!).

1 comment:

Christiana said...

Oh my goodness - precious little Eli.

Love that he's so excited about reading! And even getting to learn about these fossilized contraptions - cassette tapes - in the meantime. ;)

[Oh boy - that DOES makes me feel old...]