We've wrapped up our first year of homeschooling, and intend to begin second grade -wow!- and kindergarten - double wow! - after summer break. The Middle Tennessee Home Education Association (I know it simply as MTHEA - I sort of made up what the words are ;oP but you get the idea!) curriculum fair is this weekend. I have been busy planning for next year and thoughts of why we are on this path have been dancing around in my head.
As I imagine explaining these things out loud or typing them on a screen I am constantly aware that my words have the potential to offend families who choose different routes for educating their children. For that matter, our reasoning behind and methods of homeschooling are different from other homeschooling families we know. I want to say loud and clear that I do not believe home educating the way we do is the only way, the right way, or the Christian way to do school.
I could (and probably will one of these days) list the things I love about homeschooling and specifics of our personal choice. Today, I want to keep it simple. We are not after perfection, but faithfulness. We need not step outside our front door to find imperfection and sin. It is in my heart and the hearts of Jon and our children. The education choice is about prayerfully and faithfully parenting the children God placed in your care. For us, for now, this is how we best know to faithfully obey.
Ann writes today about homeschooling. click here I like her answers (and want to live on a farm and do school in her beautiful school room). Her posts about homeschool were means used by God to nudge me in this direction. Thanks, AML, for sending me the link. :)
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Amen to all that! Love you guys!
Post a Comment