![]() |
| A blurry cell phone shot of one of the MANY cicadas in our yard |
The emergence of the 13-year cicadas out of our yard is both disturbing and fascinating. A few nights ago, Jon and I went out with a flashlight to watch them crawl out of the ground. I commented that it was one of the most bizarre things I had seen with my own eyes. Thanks to YouTube and TV channels like Discovery and TLC, I have seen things that made my skin crawl and stomach turn more (have you seen the tree man?!), but those don't count as real life experiences. Without hesitation he made some remark about watching me birth our 3 children. Yes, he wins the prize for the real life disturbing and fascinating experience! He can always make me laugh. :)
If you're unfamiliar with the phenomenon, here is a short article on the invasion:
13-year cicada will soon invade Middle Tenn. - WKRN, Nashville, Tennessee News, Weather and Sports |
![]() |
| Eli's new found hobby: catching cicadas |





1 comment:
wondering if that made K scream bloody murder??? We are all a little grossed out by a HUGE bug....
more real life science... <3 it.... ebay can't top that ;o)
Post a Comment