Monday, May 16, 2011

I AM

Who’s my protection when I go where I’ve not gone before? (I AM) 
What’s my direction when I can’t find the path anymore (I AM) 
When you are shown the way, 
But you still feel afraid 

I am the Source that sustains you, and 
I am the Light that will guide you, and 
I am the God who provides when you give your life,  
I AM. 

Who is the strength when I can’t find the strength to go on? (I AM) 
Who is the power that drives me when all hope is gone? (I AM) 
When you have all you need, 
But you’re still feeling weak 

I am the Source that sustains you, and 
I am the Light that will guide you, and 
I am the God who provides when you give your life, and 
I am consumed with compassion, and 
I am the King of the nations, and 
I am the One who can save them 
Because I am I AM. 

You are the Source that sustains me, and 
You are the Light that will guide me, and 
You are the God who provides when I give my life, and 
You are consumed with compassion, and 
You are the King of the nations, and 
You are the One who can save them 
Because You are I AM. 


Words and Music by Jeff Bourque, Sammy Ward, Rachel Bowen, and Isaac Treesh.  ©2003 Manicotti 
Music (ASCAP).   

3 comments:

AML said...

beautiful song. thanks for the link to all those great praise songs on your church site too. and cute blog background btw ;)

The Howe Family said...

:) I need to collect the bulletins so I have the words :)

Jo said...

I love this song, too. I think I'll add it to my blog as well.

jo