Our Lily Girl is at kindergarten today.
Do you know what that means? She is not here.
Do you know what that means? My heart aches. And aches, and aches, and then aches some more for my baby.
Let's not talk about it anymore...if tears keep falling down my cheeks, Eli might get freaked out {and he doesn't even know that Jon held my hand while I cried myself to sleep last night}.
Instead, let me show you Lil ...
Here she is outside of her new room. What kind of mother allows her child to go to school with a county fair tattoo still on her arm?! {Don't answer that.}
This section of tree trunk hangs at the entrance of the kindergarten hallway. Jon had the idea to photograph all of our kids on their first days of school here. I think it's a great plan!
Isn't she beautiful?
Working away at her name tag necklace.
Let me assure you that while I am terribly sad, I am also so excited for Lil! She has been waiting for this. I love her enthusiasm and curiosity for all things kindergarten. :) I am sure I will be back soon with more kindergarten updates!



4 comments:
So sweet. You've got one adorable kindergartner!
So exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it!
She is so beautiful all dressed up for school! Hope you are feeling better tonight.
AHh Lily- she'll do great, and just think of the extra peace at home. You'll get used to it!
Post a Comment