Thursday, November 4, 2010

Awww - a trip down memory lane

My friend and old duplex neighbor sent me this picture today.  It made me smile...and almost cry.  This was the home we lived in on Wheeler Army Air Field in Hawaii (we lived in the half on the right side).  We moved here when Lily was teeny tiny, went through our first OIF deployment here, brought our second baby home from the hospital here, and forged some sweet friendships that I still treasure within those walls {JG, HH, DR, & GR I love you!!!  What do you say we all make our way back to the island one of these days?  Dreamy!}.  I would move back to that duplex in a heartbeat (as long as the electricity problem was fixed, right Jana?!).  Wow - overwhelmed with so many memories!  Thanks, J for sending this blast from the past.  

2 comments:

Queenie said...

Amazing the memories one picture can conjure up! I love the thoughts of all the fun playdates we had in that house--I remember the toys and how you had everything so organized. . .you are still my mom-role-model, BTW. I'll be praying for you during your move! And I will hold off on calling for another couple of weeks to give you time to settle in. :) I'm about a week behind in my blog reading, as you can see, so the moving update is exciting!

Jana said...

YES, I was thinking the same thing. I loved that house for all those same memories. I MISS that Lanai, and the bird sounds...ahhh I would go back ONLY if the electricity is fixed! I can't believe they never did anything about it!

I'm praying that tomorrow goes as planned for you guys! AND crossing our fingers! Hope Lily feels better! Loves & Hugs