Monday, November 8, 2010

Better not be heard around this house

I just overheard Eli (and then Kaylee in perfect parrot fashion) say, "Mega boring."  What?  Let me tell you, there is plenty to do around here - fun and otherwise.  Don't say that in this house or I will give you something to not be bored with.

Doesn't that make you think of the way your mother would tell you, "I'll give you something to cry about"?!  I do believe I heard that here the other day out of my husband's mouth.    It is never fun when someone is wailing over something ridiculous  - thanks Eli for that one as we were trying to leave for church.  But, something in me sort of loves when Jon is around to witness such an episode.  Hopefully remembrances of these events will keep him from dragging me to the looney bin...or at least he'll be able to diagnose why I went bonkers.

I kid you not, as I am about to hit publish, two little voices (not 3 because Lily has been sick - the amount of puke that happens in this house is ABSURD) just began singing, "Glory, glory to the King of Kings!  Glory, glory to the Lamb!"  There they go totally redeeming themselves again...and keeping me from aforementioned asylum.

1 comment:

Queenie said...

Oh yeah--I recognize the craziness when I hear it since I could have written the same post. Well, change all the details and keep the tone. . .:) The baby is sick and so am I; nothing I do makes him happy so neither am I. . .anyway, just one of those motherhood moments!! In other words, right there with you, sister!