Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Attempt at a matchy-matchy picture

I really wanted to get a cute - all kids happy, L and E looking at me AND "for real" smiling, and all in matching clothes - picture of the kids.  It is much harder than it sounds to achieve this cheesiness!  I thought we might succeed, but then Kaylee had an explosive diaper just as I grabbed the camera.  While I hand-washed her little outfit and waited for the dryer to do its job, she got hungry and mad.  The following 3 photos (which clearly don't meet the above expectations) are the ones I snapped before I was fighting back tears...the disappointment that the perfect moment didn't happen mixed with my still wacky hormones was not good.  I said things like, "I'll NEVER get a picture of all the kids."  Jon reminded me how silly this was...I had to clarify...I may NEVER get a picture with the kids this young, in the fall, in matching clothes, etc.  Obviously, he is the sane one.


3 comments:

Al said...

ok the one of them both looking at kaylee is PRECIOUS! i love these, and think you did a great job getting a great picture!!

Queenie said...

It makes me feel much better to know that other moms (at least one other one!) has shed tears over this issue. And I only have 2 to corral! I promise I've tried everything, including threats and shameless bribes. You did great!

Jana said...

I think they are all precious. I LOVE the outfits. Unpredictable situations, it's all about luck with kids.