Friday, November 21, 2008

Unsolicited advice

This morning all 5 of us were snuggling in our bed (totally should have bought a king size).  Jon left the room and then Lily and Eli pulled the covers off of me.   They were greeted by the not-so-pretty sight of my tummy slightly exposed.  They exclaimed things like, "Eeeeewww WHAT is THAT?  What's wrong with your tummy?!"  Yep, you guessed it...stretch marks.  They carried on, appalled, as though I had decided this would be a great look for me.  When they asked, "WHY?" I pointed at each of the kids and told them they were fairly large babies in my previously fairly small tummy - and stretch was what had to happen.  Lily responded with this advice, "Oh, well, don't let Daddy see...he'll scream!"  Eli piped in a hearty, "YEAH he would!"  Thanks, kiddos.

4 comments:

Dan said...

Whatever Jen...I'm sure you are still TINY!! In the Halloween picture of your family you look tiny.

Love the blog :)

AML said...

You are so funny!

Al said...

hahaha! leave it to them to be blunt :) you are still beautiful as ever! anyhow, Lily, Eli and Kaylee are SO worth a bit of a stretched out tummy - I'd stretch out my belly for those cuties any day :)

Queenie said...

You'll have your revenge when Lily and Kaylee have their own kids (and stretch marks.) You just have to be very, very patient. . .:)