I'm really thankful for the positive response I've gotten concerning helping the soldiers in Mark's brigade receiving Christmas cards. Thanks for your enthusiasm and support! I don't know how many of you have thought about sending the cards in a box or as "bulk mail," but I was thinking this is what I'd do. So, I emailed into the website and this is the response I received. Do what you think is best. And to any of you that forward the message on, please pass this info. along as well. Thanks again for your help!! Much Love, Jana
Jana, thank you for your question.
I think when we started the project, we envisioned a 2nd/25th Stryker trooper opening up a card that was mailed from the USA, from a family he/she did not know, that contained holiday greetings.
I guess, as long as the cards you are sending over 'bulk' are all in single envelopes with unique return addresses, the only difference would be they were not individually 'sent' from a family.
The other concern I would have is that we're pretty sure that 1st class envelopes get to Iraq pretty quick, but not sure about 'bulk' mail.
So, bottom line, go ahead...send 'em bulk....only two requests: do it sooner than later, and indicate on the website how many cards you sent in total so we can have kind of an idea of what is happening.
Thanks for your support, and best wishes to you and yours for a happy and safe holiday season.
Sincerely,
Dave McCaffrey



No comments:
Post a Comment