L and E have now had ice-cream and lunch (in that order), and all 3 kids are dosed up on acetaminophen. E and K are sleeping off their trauma, and Lily is looking at books in bed trying to recover. I think I need to go lay down now too!
Friday, December 19, 2008
Drama at the doctor's office
Eli and Kaylee had their well child doctor visits today. We're thankful that both are healthy and growing. Kaylee is now tipping the scales at 12 lbs. 2 oz. The pediatrician seemed a little surprised at K's weight gain...I promise I am only giving her breastmilk - not french fries and milkshakes! After an uneventful first half of our visit, the nurse brought in a tray with 6 shots lined up on it. At this point I was wishing I had a pet octopus to hold down our two oldest children. Lily was appalled that she had to get a flu shot. She insisted that it was NOT her check-up, therefore NOT her turn to get a shot. I am sure people in the waiting room believed an amputation was taking place - without anesthetics. Eli had to get 2 shots. He cried, but was not nearly as dramatic as Lily in the screaming department. He did show the poor nurse how strong his little legs are. She could barely hold him down (I felt guilty for only having to hold flailing arms - they aren't as dangerous as flailing legs.). Unsuspecting Kaylee went last and got 3 sticks. After the first, she just looked at me wide-eyed. The second and third sticks brought on that silent, scary scream where she turns red and purple from not breathing. She recovered more quickly than L and E - and I didn't even have to promise a kiddie ice-cream cone at McD's to her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Loved the story!
Post a Comment