Friday, December 5, 2008

Jesse Tree

Okay, still working through how to celebrate Advent!  I thought we'd read some of the Scriptures from that site I posted yesterday AND do the Jesse Tree - who am I kidding?!?  That would be a lot of reading, stillness and quietness for our little ones!  Soooo, this is the decision (at least for today :)) - we're going to make a Jesse tree and follow the Scriptures that go along with that.  If we also get to some of the other Advent readings, great...if not, that's okay too.  There's nothing like motherhood to keep you from being a perfectionist and make you see you can't (and really don't need) to do it all!  
I have visions of creating our own ornaments as a craft each day for a Jesse Tree next year.  But, since we're already behind (I have to remind myself  what I said earlier about not having to do everything and still being okay!), we're going the easy route this year and printing the ornaments to tape to a yet-to-be-made paper tree.  Here is the link where I printed our ornaments from:
They also have Advent reflections on that site that I printed.  Then I found another site that had Jesse Tree family devotions:
Maybe we'll do a little combo of the two!

No comments: