Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Valley Song



This song was sung at Emmett's celebration of life service. What a powerful, beautiful testimony to see his sweet wife singing praises to the Father while she held their little boy who has had to say goodbye to his Daddy. They grieve and hurt deeply, but not without hope.  Hope in a God who ordained these days before one came to be.  Hope in a God who will love and carry them as He redeems all things.  Hope in the God who says in Isaiah 42:16,



"And I will lead the blind
in a way that they do not know,
in paths that they have not known
I will guide them.
I will turn the darkness before them into light,
the rough places into level ground.
These are the things I do,
and I do not forsake them."

Hope in eternal life with Christ where Emmett already is in glory.  If you haven't already read their story, I encourage you to head over to Team Emmett.  Wendy's latest and final post there also provides the link to her new blog where she will continue writing.

1 comment:

AML said...

What a beautiful song!