I've been one to lean on the later side of the 4-6 month recommendation for starting your baby on solids. That is until Kaylee began reaching for my food at the dinner table, and grunting incessantly as we all rudely stuffed our faces without so much as offering her a bite (it's a wonder anyone believes babies can't communicate). Don't get me wrong, nursing is still one of her favorite activities, but the girl is ready to branch out!
I made her the ever so tasty rice cereal and grabbed the camera. I never thought she'd enthusiastically open her mouth right away for Daddy to shovel it in, and giggle after each bite. :) She was so pleased with her new status as Lily proclaimed she is now "normal!"
A note about the picture of K crying...she wasn't getting fed fast enough. :) As I've started the new feedings, I've also gotten to enjoy signing to Kaylee. When she is crying for another spoonful, I sign "more, please." No, she doesn't know what I am doing (yet). No, she won't sign back for a while (L began to sign back around 9 months, E was a little later than that - sorry, buddy, I don't exactly remember). But, she really does stop and look at me and my hands. So cute! We've started this new chapter in our lives together - lovin' it! :)
I made her the ever so tasty rice cereal and grabbed the camera. I never thought she'd enthusiastically open her mouth right away for Daddy to shovel it in, and giggle after each bite. :) She was so pleased with her new status as Lily proclaimed she is now "normal!"
A note about the picture of K crying...she wasn't getting fed fast enough. :) As I've started the new feedings, I've also gotten to enjoy signing to Kaylee. When she is crying for another spoonful, I sign "more, please." No, she doesn't know what I am doing (yet). No, she won't sign back for a while (L began to sign back around 9 months, E was a little later than that - sorry, buddy, I don't exactly remember). But, she really does stop and look at me and my hands. So cute! We've started this new chapter in our lives together - lovin' it! :)



5 comments:
Glad to hear Kaylee is "normal" now. :) Maybe she'll start to let you sleep more than 2 hour stretches sometimes soon. I'm still loving your blog, it's so great to see what's happening with your family.
She is such a precious little peanut! I love that she cried when she couldn't get another bite fast enough - too cute! She looks so distressed, poor sweet little girl.
And then her beautiful smiley fed faces - goodness, it's a wonder you get anything done with those 3 adorable could-just-stare-at-them-all-day children!
Wendy ~ Funny you should mention the sleep thing...she actually slept in her own bed from 8pm - 2 am last night!!! WOOHOO! After nursing, she slept with us until about 5am, ate again :), and slept another hour and a halfish.
Christi ~ You are so sweet...and your comment made me laugh - I don't get much of the "to do" list done! - except for the most important things of feeding the kids and keeping them clothed and mostly content. :) They get bathed every once in a while too. ;)
Kaylee is so adorable! I love that you thought ahead to have the camera ready. All three pictures are precious! :)
I love the third pic of her little tongue getting one more taste. What a precious "first" moment!
Post a Comment