These laughs needed a little explanation...a little too much for the sidebar...
Me: "What?!?...Why?!? are you doing that?!?"
Eli: "It's raining outside. These are warm."
Ummm...okay???
I confess, I did not re-wash any of it. GASP! It's okay. No company was coming, and we go through so many dishes and pieces of silverware everyday, all germs are long gone!
* Last week, the kids and I went to LC for lunch. Lily and Eli were treated especially well by one of the owners...they were even allowed to make their own pizza and eat it in the office. :)
Lily: "When can we just be regular?"
Me: "Huh?" (Speaking in grunts as opposed to full, human sentences to your children just keeps them normal.)
Lily: "When can we just go to a pizza place, order at the front counter, and go home to eat it?"
Me: Laughing hysterically at her seriousness and desire at the ripe old age of 5 to be "regular."
* Eli: "I'm getting my fish oil, Mom!"
Me (with back turned to him "cooking" frozen tortellini): "I thought you already ate your vitamin." [L and E eat an Omega-3 DHA supplement everyday - they get a kick out of eating something from a fish...and every animal they eat come to think of it.]
Eli: "Not that - Goldfish!"
Me: "Oh! I wish those were that good for you!"
* Lily got her first skinned knee of the summer a few days ago. Nana, Eli, Kaylee and I got to witness the Duh-Rah-Muh. She may as well have been told I was going to amputate just above the knee. I can't remember how the conversation went, I just know I said something about a First Aid kit, and Lily said, "A first date kit???"



5 comments:
Too funny! I love Lily's comment about LC. One of these days she will think it's really cool that her dad owns a pizza place. Her friends will love her! :)
I am still crying about Eli licking spoons - and his explanation! Oh my word - that's amazing.
All of these are so precious and hilarious. You have the sweetest, funniest kids ever. Thanks for making them.
hahaha!! the thoughts of a child - so entertaining :) eli's been talking a lot lately about his fish oil vitamins!
thanks for the laughs. keep writing down their silly comments and sharing them with the rest of us. too funny! i love it!
I LOVE the way you love being a Mom, Jen. So fun.
Post a Comment