Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kaylee is (almost) 3 months old!

Our baby is almost 3 months old!  We've had her in our arms for just 1/4 of a year, but I hardly remember me* before her.  Even though she cries quite a lot, we're both constantly covered in and smelling like spit-up, and my back is breaking from carrying or wearing her, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Really.  She is the sweetest, roly poly thing (that chin is impressive, right?!?), and I adore her.

I look at her and see my other babies (mostly Lily!), and wonder how time can slip away so fast and children can change so much in a blink.  These tiring days and nights are precious.  I want to drink them in, savor them, in the midst of the mundane and crazy.

Praise God for our 3 most wonderful, incredible gifts!


*Okay, so I do remember my physical self before Baby KK (and our other two body-savaging sweeties), but that's about it.  For those of you who knew me in high school when I ran 6 days a week, things have changed!  Last week, I woke up sore the 2 days after playing tennis and bowling.  Did I mention that was Wii tennis and Wii bowling?!?  SAD, I know.   Someday, hopefully sooner than later, our kids will all sleep through the night (at least most of the time).  Perhaps then I will muster the energy to awaken well before them and workout.  For now, sleep is more of a priority. :)

1 comment:

Christiana said...

I love both your little hoodies.

Happy (Almost)3 Months, Kaylee!