Saturday, January 31, 2009

So we are moving...

again...

This time around, it is of our own accord...not the Army. 

This time, it will only be a distance of about 8 miles...not some 4 thousand miles plus.  By the way, how long does it take to stop missing Hawai'i?  How long until I hear heavy rain in the early morning, and do not wake up thinking I am back in our home on the island?  (That is a seriously weird feeling.)  Will I miss Franklin in the same way?

A wonderful elementary school and a shorter commute for Jon (among other things) are calling us north to the city of Brentwood (between Franklin, where we live now, and Nashville).

The feelings are definitely mixed as we think of moving away from charming Historic Downtown Franklin.  Oh how we flirted with the idea of living in this neighborhood forever!  It's been fun, and we'll never forget it.  Maybe in our empty nest years we'll come back? :)

We turned in our rental application last night for a home that is just plain not as cute and cozy or well-laid out.  (Two other families have applied for this same house - I'll keep you posted on if we get this particular home or if we still have hunting to do.)  Funny how a great school and Daddy's proximity to the family immediately trump everything else.  

We'd be so grateful for your prayers during this time of change.

Some potential questions...
* Why didn't they tell me they were moving?!? - This has all come about in the past 2 days!

*How many houses have these people lived in?!? - This answer will include the next house in Brentwood, but will not include college dorm rooms or the places Jon lived in Iraq...

Jon - 10
Jen - 12
Lily - 6 (yes, she isn't quite 5)
Elisha - 5 (yes, he just turned 3)
Kaylee - 2

* I am going to visit them in February - will they still be in Franklin?!? (This is a special one for Grandma Howe :) ) - We'll be here....would you mind watching the kids while we pack?!  

2 comments:

AML said...

wow! i am praying for the time of transition ahead for your family. i must say i am impressed by all of the moves you guys have been through. you ought to be pros by now. but with an extra little one around this time, i'm sure it will still be difficult. no matter how often you do it, moving isn't fun. maybe you can get the older kiddos to help pack their toys. i am also praying that God opens the doors to the perfect house for your family. keep us posted.

Christiana said...

I'll GLADLY watch your precious kiddos while you pack! Yes please...

Oh Jen, Josh and I will be praying for you and your precious family as you make this next big step. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to feel so unsettled while trying to reassure 3 little kids (not to mention yourselves), but I KNOW God has the perfect home already picked out for all of you. Please let us know how it goes...