Monday, October 25, 2010

Big girl

Kaylee has done a fantastic job transferring to her "[s]pecial" bed.  I am so proud of her!  I still can't believe she is 2!  Here she is on her birthday in her bed surrounded by all the things she needs to sleep.  I realized looking at this picture how many stories could be told about the items you see.  So, here is a list (for me ;) and maybe someday K if this blog can still be read) of a few special things about this picture:
* Give Me Grace is the book on the top of her stack.  That book has been read to all three of our kids.
* The book on the bottom is about a little chick.  It belonged I believe to my two youngest sisters, and now has been read to all of our kids.
* The table she is using as a night stand is one we got while stationed at Ft. Benning.  Jon painted it for Lily long before she could sit at it.  Lots of meals, snacks, and art projects have been held there.
* The bed was Eli's.
* That pillow case is from a sheet set we got for our wedding.
* The heart blanket was a gift to her from my parents before she was born.
* Bunny My Honey (named after one of Lily's old favorite books) was a gift from K's Great Grandma Ruthie.
* Sophia is the doll we gave her for her first birthday.
* "The Big One" was a doll I played with when I was little at my Nana and DinDin's house.  She is also know as Peloise.

1 comment:

AML said...

what a story a photo can tell! thanks for sharing. she is adorable, jen. and getting so big.