Saturday, March 21, 2009

Friend party

Lily only had to wait one month after her actual birthday and family lunch for her "friend party." :)  She had an elaborate luau planned (have your people contact her people if you want to hire her as an event coordinator - she could probably do a pretty good job! ;)), but we scaled down the invite list as well as the highly organized game schedule and menu.  One day, Lillers, we'll have your fantastic party that has been a dream in your constantly thinking head!
Making leis
LOVING the PERFECT weather
Our girl will have none other than a cake with fondant icing.  I am quite sure I hadn't a clue what that was at 5...or even 15.  I probably learned it at 22 when we looked at wedding cakes. :)  Owen, sitting to Lily's right, "is soooo funny!" (Imagine that in your best 5 year old valley girl tone.)
After the party, L got on her bathing suit - because "it's been WAY too long since I got to do this!"  They are standing in the streamer ocean with last minute starfish and fish cut outs.
Each friend got a bucket and shovel to search for shells in our makeshift beach.  L and E played in it all afternoon.  I have even let them freeze their hands and arms off since then when they just had to go outside to their personal beach in jeans and sweatshirt weather.  Lily asked why I don't take her to the beach anymore.  Uhhh, a wagon walk is a little easier to promise multiple times per week than an 8 hour drive is, Sweetheart.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I love it! It looks like the party was a hit! Searching for seashells was a brilliant idea. I'm taking notes! :)

Christiana said...

Such a sweet party. I love the streamer ocean! You have the cutest little kiddos.

Jana said...

Too cute! Wish we could've been there! Or maybe brought the beach with us!