Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Happy teachers...and a soon to be cheater??

Today, Katherine and I enjoyed visiting 5 schools around our restaurant. We brought pizzas for each of the teacher lounges, and were met with many surprised, happy faces. :) What - a free lunch?!? Some didn't believe it at first. There must be strings attached. Of course we hope they love the pizza and come back for more, but it is more than that. It was truly a joy to see how something simple could bring such excitement to so many very important (no doubt underpaid) people in the community. What fun!!!

The monkeys were in very good hands with Nana during all of this. Part of their exciting day included a trip to Target's Dollar Bins...who doesn't love that?!

Lily is now the proud owner of a calculator that looks like a cell phone and has Hello Kitty on it. She told me, "it's a math thing." And elaborated, "if there is ever anything too hard [apparently the belief that math is difficult...enough for tears of frustration falling on homework...is genetic] in kindergarten, I can just use this!" I suggested that kindergartners might not be allowed to use calculators (awww, she used to call 'em "calc-uh-laters"). No need to even think on a response or consider leaving prized possession at home. "It's okay, I'll just tell them it's my cell phone!" Hmmmm - wonder how many cheating kindergartners carry cell phones to school these days? Times are changing!

Thanks for the laugh, Lil!

4 comments:

Al said...

hahahaha! that's too hilarius about her cell phone, aka calculator! And so fun that ya'll got to deliver all those pizzas - sounds so fun :)

Christiana said...

Lily is too cute. I love how she thinks!

And isn't it incredible to think about how God can use your Little Caesar's to bless that community?! You're not just bringing yummy affordable pizza-goodness to that part of Nashville - you're bringing Jesus into a place that needs Him! And you and Katherine did that yesterday, through your smiles and kindness to those (likely under-appreciated) teachers.

How exciting to consider all the possibilities...

Jana said...

I can totally hear Lily saying these exact things...she and Grant o Boy are such peas in a pod. Let's just call them the Negotiating experts. I love how they can always keep us laughing.

Queenie said...

What a wonderful idea to take pizza to the teachers. God bless you!