Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Praying for poop

When I posted our prayer requests earlier, I actually had another one listed and chose to delete it.

I thought it didn't fit with the others.

I thought you may think it was a joke or silly or if I would just perform the correct parenting procedure - snap! - problem solved. (You are clearly more kind than that...but did you know I have issues worrying about what people think?!)

While I know and believe God cares about every detail of our lives, it seemed insignificant.

As I held and jiggled (that would be the cross between rocking and bouncing a baby when you are trying to soothe them when they haven't pooped since Saturday morning) Kaylee, I read this post at Bring the Rain.

I had to come back and re-enter the request.

* More sleep from Kaylee. Or, at least better sleep - all these tiny cat naps condensed into a better sleep pattern.

While I am here believing God truly loves the intimate details of our lives, and trusting you won't think I am (too) crazy ;), I will add a new request as well....

* A poopy diaper - SOON!

4 comments:

Christiana said...

Done. Expect some poop - we're praying. ;o)

And praying for more condensed sleep time for you both - you're such a precious Mom.

I love how honest you are - thanks for sharing. And thanks for directing me to that beautiful "Bring the Rain" post. Looks like a new favorite blog...

Liz said...

Praying for some poopy diapers headed your way :)

AML said...

God is involed in the little things too. I was also moved by the BTR post. I will be praying for a better sleep pattern for baby Kaylee (which would bring rest to you too) and a poopy diaper soon. Thanks for including us in the BIG and little requests. He hears them all!

Jenn Everswick said...

Hey Jen! Have you wrapped Kaylee in a swaddle wrap outfit? We bought Wyatt the "Halo Sleep Sack Swaddle" and ever since then he has been sleeping 6 hour stretches in the night...He loves it! We decided to buy Kendall one two days ago and last night was her first night sleeping in it and she slept 8 hours!!! It was amazing - the wraps keep them all warm and snuggly.....

Praying for you, K and the rest of the fam :)

Also, thats really exciting about Little Ceasers! Wish I lived closer to celebrate at family and friends night. I'll be thinking of all of you and continuing to pray for each decision.