
There is progress, my friends! Here is the front counter with newly unloaded fancy shmancy registers/POS system. It gets better all the time. :) Don't you want to come here to see the hairy little Italian guy carrying pizza pizzas on a stick...oh, and get some yummy for your tummy food while you're at it?!
So, tomorrow is a BIG day! Please pray with us as there are lots of hard-working hands who may be working all through the night to get the place all ready for final inspections tomorrow (Monday).
Tomorrow evening is our VIP Night. :) Can't wait to serve up some tasties and give a tour to you who can come! Our family and friends who live too far away to stop in for some grub - we really will miss you. Your kind words of encouragement and the importance of prayers offered on our behalf are not lost on us - they are not taken lightly. Thank you all.
My head is all spinny! Let me back up from tomorrow to TODAY. Today was exciting too! :) The first pizzas went through the make line, through the oven, and were EATEN (well, at least the ones that turned out ;) )!
Katherine, Nancy (Luke's mom), and I had the privilege of delivering some of our "training" pies to local businesses. It was fun to watch people get excited for their free meal. :) Nana, Papa, Madie, Cayia (Madie's BFF), and our 3 monkeys toured the more complete store while we were gone.
This evening in the car on the way home from my parents' house, Lily and Eli had their "ah - ha!" moment. They burst into laughter realizing they had eaten pizza and crust (Don't tell anyone, but Eli doesn't like pizza! He highly recommends the Crazy Bread - "crust" - though. :) ) at our restaurant. It was hilariously funny, and adorable. They were THRILLED! "We ate at Daddy and Lukie Head's (I have no idea where they got this from) work!" They wanted to go back. They actually asked to go back and work there. I'll look into the child labor laws later. I laughed with them and at them until I cried.
Then we walked in the door. Eli promptly peed his pants. Bummer. And pooped his pants. Nice. Kaylee started screaming. Even better. Eli started crying. Great. Remember, 10 seconds ago, we were on cloud 9?! I was thankful for Lily who just chimed in, "Don't worry, Mom. I'll hold KK while you get Eli clean." Whew!
Tomorrow, and today are exciting! To God be the glory in all these days He's given us...in hard work, in serving food with a smile, in joy, and even in poopy situations.



5 comments:
SOO exciting that the pizzas got made and delivered today! yea!! can't wait for tomorrow so we can celebrate with ya'll! what a sweet little helper lil is :) <3
You made it! Praise God for the journey He has taken you on. What an opportunity for your family to fully trust Him! This new exciting chapter in your lives will continue to be in our prayers. Can't wait to hear how the VIP night goes, as well as the first full day with open doors. We will be praying for you every time you cross our minds on Tuesday. Love the sweet story of your laughing Bundles. Thanks for keeping us west-coasters in the loop. Adam wanted to call and place a pizza order during your grand opening, but I told him I didn't think you guys would deliver from TN. We are so excited for you guys. Now get some rest.
Hooray!! We're so excited for you and everything God's going to do for your family through this restaurant.
I love that the kids laughed so hard when they realized it's YOUR restaurant! Such a precious moment.
And thanks for sharing the tough stuff, too - so glad Lily is such a big helper. (:o)
Here's to many more exciting days ahead!
Woo HOO! I'm praying today goes well for you! What an accomplishment! I'm getting hungry just thinking about you guys--maybe I could eat Jon's head too!
Well now I want some pizza! You're making me hungry! We will have to make the drive up your way one of these days and stop by! Good luck with the restaurant I'm sure it will be a huge success!!
Post a Comment